Yesterday was not only my birthday but Ryleigh's first Rangers game!
Ryleigh loves watching the Rangers games on tv with Mommy and Daddy. One night she pointed to the tv and said "I want to go there and sit right there." That's when I knew we had to take her to a game. So for my birthday Brandon got us really good seats.
We were in:
Section 18
Row 17
Seats 10, 11, 12
She was excited all day and kept saying "I'm going to see Josh Hamilton!"
Last month Brandon filmed her saying "Jim Knox, put me on TV. I love Josh Hamilton." We sent it to him along with where we would be sitting at the game. He emailed us that if he didn't get to us during the game to come by the "Rangers Live" booth after the game. We were really excited that we even wanted to meet us!
Before the game Ryleigh put on her Rangers tattoos!
With Rider just before we left.
Here's a picture of one of her tattoos. The other one was on her hand.
We parked in the Six Flags parking lot next to "The Titan". She pointed to it and asked "What's that." After we told her it was a roller coaster that she could ride once she was older she was so excited.
Walking into the Rangers stadium was neat to see her face light up. I asked her what she thought of it and she said "This is fun!" They have people taking your picture all over the place like they do at 6 Flags then they post it to their website. As we were walking in a woman took our picture with Ryleigh's sign.
Before walking around we went to our seats so she could see the field. She kept asking "Where's Josh Hamilton?"
We got there around 5:30 so we had some time to walk around and let her take it all in and enjoy the experience of being a the Rangers Ballpark.
While going to the gift shop a Ballpark employee noticed her sign and told us about a signed Nolan Ryan certificate for kids who are visiting the ballpark for the first time. Another employee gave her a free ticket to play "Rangers Plinko" She got a Home Run and got a Rangers Team Photo.
She had fun trying on the large cowboy hat in the gift shop.
We finally made it back to our seats before the game to enjoy some popcorn and an Icee.
Ryleigh and Daddy making the best of a really looonnng first inning.
Derek Holland is my favorite pitcher and I was so excited that we was playing on my birthday at the game we were going to. But he really blew the game for us in the first inning. After the Marlines got 5 runs and 40 minutes into the game they took him out and brought in Tommy Hunter.
Trying to get a picture of the three of us.
At 8:30 Brandon asked if I wanted to go around 9:00. I was ok with that since the game was taking a long time I didn't think she was going to make it till the end of the game. Just then we look to our left and Jim Knox is standing there! He told us to meet him at Section 9 after the game for Rangers Live! So I gues we're staying till the end of the game! This was when I was really glad we got her an Icee. It helped her stay wake.
Our view from our seats.
"Yea Josh Hamilton!"
He hit two home runs that night so we were able to see the fireworks! She kept saying "Do it again, do it again"
During the 7th inning stretch we sang "Take me out to the Ball Game" My mom practiced with her before the game so she knew the words. She was singing it all day today.
This is Daddy and Ryleigh during the 7th inning stretch. I was hoping they would get on the jumbo tron but instead we got on TV! Just as we were sitting down and put down her sign we got on TV! Our phones started ringing and people were texting us "You we're on TV!"
During the 8th inning she started playing with the hat her ice cream came in and making the people behind us laugh.
Here she is doing the "Claw and Antlers"
After the game we got to meet Jim Knox and were on "Rangers Live" by time we were on TV and he asked Ryleigh who her favorite Rangers player was she was tired and too shy. Once she went on to the other people he was interviewing she was ready to tell him "Josh Hamilton!" So she started yelling out to Jim Knox "Josh Hamilton! Josh Hamilton!" She looked so cute!
When we got home I took a picture of us of when we were on TV. Since the game went longer than expected Rangers Live didn't record on our TV but our families did.
Even though we lost 9-5 we had a great time and so did Ryleigh. It was 11:00 when we finally left the stadium. I thought she would pass out in the car but I was wrong! She was awake the entire way home talking about the game and how when she got older she could ride the roller coasters. Even once we got home she was still wired and didn't want to go to bed. I think we've found out that Icees are like Monsters to our little girl. They give her energy!
Today she was still talking about the game, seeing Josh Hamilton, the fireworks and how Josh Hamilton "hit the bat really hard so we could get fireworks". She was even asking to go again. Well July 24 is Josh Hamilton jersey night to the first 10,000 kids under 13 so... we're going again!
This was a great way to spend my birthday! I will never forget it!













No comments:
Post a Comment