Monday, June 20, 2011

Seven Days at Home with a Two Year Old

DAY 1: Saturday, June 18

Paw Paw and Sha Sha came over to see Ryleigh and brought her a large Aqua Doodle Pad.

Ryleigh has enjoyed playing with it. 

Grandma came over to see her again and played baseball with her Rangers bat and ball.

We also spend some time blowing "froggy" bubbles from Kee-Kee.


She felt ok but not as good as she did the day before. Waking up from her naps weren't easy for her. She liked to lay on the couch with her pillow and blanket.

Aunt Cecile, Great-Grammy and Gramz spent the night at our house and Aunt Cecile painted her nails!

I made colored Ice Cubes to make drinking water more fun. 

 Between the ice cubes and her Disney cups she LOVES to drink water now!

Also, on this day I hung up the curtains I made for her room to keep the room darker.


DAY 2: Sunday, June 19 (Father's Day)

Gg-Ma, Aunt Diana and Uncle Jody came to see her and brought her a "Pet Pal". Gg-ma sent a cookie bouquet that came on Monday.

Since she's not supposed to be outside for long periods of time and still isn't feeling her self we bought steaks and had Father's Day dinner at home.

Daddy was the only one who could get her medicine down her today.

DAY 3: Monday, June 20

Daddy is at work today so it's just Mommy and Ryleigh. She decided that 6:30AM was a good time for her to get up this morning.

We watched "Happy Feet", played "catch and release fishing", painted with water colors, played with play dough, watched animals form from capsules and played "Sweet Pickles" (a box of games from when I was a kid)


Playing the "Wishing Well" Game from Sweet Pickles.

She's been taking her meds every four hours so at her 2;00 meds she laid down for a nap. It's 5:15 and she's still sleeping. 

The cookies from Gg-Ma came today!

Day 4: Tuesday, June 21

Today we slept in a little later than yesterday, till 8:30. It's better than 6:30!

Before her surgery we checked out some movies at the library. So we watched some of the Sesame Street Movies.

Her pain is getting better so she's taking the meds every 6 hours instead of 4.

After her nap today we looked at themes for her birthday party and she chose Minnie Mouse! She's been asking for a bounce house since February so I made sure to book one. It had to be a Mickey/Minnie Mouse bounce house. 


I'm hoping to get a picture with her and Minnie Mouse at Disney World to use on her invitations!

Day 5: Wednesday, June 22

Today I woke up feeling sick so we went to my doctor for some meds. Ryleigh got a kick out of seeing me get my temperature taken,

I was hoping to take a nap while Ryleigh took a nap but the ATT U-Verse guy surprised us and came to install our new internet and cable tv. 

Ryleigh had fun helping me make her sign for her first Rangers Game on July 2!

But Mommy can't spell...


We're not finished with it. I want to outline the letters in glitter and add some Rangers symbols. 

After five days of not being able to go outside with my two year old I'm tiered of the Sesame Street DVDs and the same Barney episode! I think we're going to exchange the DVDs for new ones soon! Only two more days then we can go to the pool again and play outside!!!

Day 6: Thursday, June 23

So I sat down today to finish Ryleigh's sign and noticed I left the "E" out of "Rangers"!! 
The only way to fix it was to cut off the bottom.

We're both going CRAZY stuck in doors so I think today we're going to make a trip to the Teacher's store. She loves to look at all the toys they have there. Plus she wants a Doll House for her birthday and they have some cute ones for us to look at. 

While we were out we stopped at JoAnn's and picked up so craft projects.

Last year around her birthday I made a stepping stone of her foot. So we bought the made kit and made one of her hand.


Ready to put her hand in it!

Sprinkling the glitter!

Yea! It only took one time!

It's not completely dry so I'll take a better picture of the finished project tomorrow.
I bought letters to press in the cement this year. I'm not that skilled with writing in cement with the stick they give you in the kit. 

We also bought some wooden magnet kits to paint.


I finally finished the front of her sign!
I'm going to put "GO RANGERS" on the back. She practiced flipping the sign front the front to the back tonight. She's so excited to go to the game.

Day 7: Friday, June 24

Today we were able to put the stepping stone out in the yard this morning.


She already wants to make another of the other hand this time!

We also got blue glitter to put on her Rangers Game sign.
(Will post picture tomorrow)

I'm so glad that she's feeling better. I can't believe it's already been a week since she had her tonsils and adenoids removed. She's off the pain meds but I'm still making sure she's drinking plenty of water and soft foods so there's not any bleeding. She is very ready to get back outside and play!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the surgery went good! Love the colored ice cubes!!

    ReplyDelete